Gibson Brands Forums

Johnny's guitar rocks damn good!!!! Pearl Jam is reborn!

DeVeeWee

I've never been a great fan of Pearl Jam, ...and like so many other rock lovers, my love kindda ended after "Ten".

Big mistake I have to admit...since I bought there latest album Backspacer: what a fresh sound, tightly played, good songs! This surprise was so nice that I dived into their discography and bought No Code, Vitalogy and Pearl Jam straight away...

Anyone with any other album suggestions, let me hear your voice...

backspacer-cover1.jpg

The artwork on the cover looks like it was done by Jean Giraud Moebius.

I like it.

His name is Tom Tomorrow.

Yeah CAman, your right about the artist name and I like the fresh approach in the art work, ...a symbol for what they're doing right now...

I don't know...

I bought the new Pearl Jam and I don't believe after listening to it one time through that I can say anything positive about it.

It's just... eh' date=' OK.

Maybe it will grow on me.:-s [/quote']

Hey CAman, you definitely got me with the latest AIC. That album is fabulous! Maybe Pearl Jam is not your piece of cake and that's fine. :-k

It took me a week before I began to appreciate the album...

I own several of Pearl Jam's earlier albums, all of them vinyl.

What gets me is that nothing they've done in the past few years even comes close to the majesty of the band's first album, Ten.

I'm sure I can find some reedeaming quality in the latest album, but again, they're a long way from where they came from in my opinion.

Archived