Gibson Brands Forums

1981 Gibson Les Paul Artist

brabey

Hi Im new to the Forum. I've got a 1981 Gibson Les Paul Artist with the Moog electronics and they are finally acting up. I've been in contact with Gibson and they were'nt much help. They said there were no parts and most people are gutting and putting in new electronics. Sooo im trying to decide what configuration and what pickups. This guitar has 1 volume, 1 Bass, 1 Treble, and 3 mini toggles and the standard 3 position switch for the neck, bridge , and both choices. I was thinking of using all the controls and going with 1 Volume, 2 Tone, Neck splitting #1 toggle Bridge splitting #2 toggle, and phase switching on #3 toggle. Any comments would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any information about circuit parts please let me know. Was looking into Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro in the neck and Sh1-59 in the Bridge. Was also looking at the Lace Almuitone Humbuckers. I play Country, 50,60s, and 70s Rock and some Blues. I like A really clean sound with good bass and treble. Thanks ...Bill... brabey@embarqmail.com

Well.... you know what they say about opinions...

I guess if it were me I would just have one volume, two tones, and dummy switches in place of the Moog stuff. I'm mainly a Tele player so I like things simple. But at the same time I'd leave the holes intact in the hopes of finding another Moog circuit board someday. There was one from an RD that sold on ebay for $151, so they do show up once in a while.

• 1 year later...

Archived