Gibson Brands Forums

Dave Rawlings Machine and Gillian Welch on NPR

suburude63

Great links.

I heard it late Saturday and early Sunday driving through the snow from Virginia to Atlanta.

NPR, Welch and Rawlings were great company on deserted, icy roads.

I have not listened to the "Machine" CD, but I definitely will after hearing some of the songs on NPR. I've heard them live when Welch sings most of the leads, but with Rawlings singing more they are just as good.

Since we're talking about David and Gillian on public radio, they were also guests on "A Prairie Home Companion" this past weekend. It was a great show and I have to tip my cap to public radio for showcasing their music.

Here's the link........http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2010/01/30/

BTW suburude......my wife and I are long time supporters of Spokane Public Radio and if by chance you were to turn on one of our radios and it wasn't tuned into KPBX, then it would no doubt be dialed into KWSU aka Northwest Public Radio. (Well, except when the Zags or Cougs are playing!) :D

Since we're talking about David and Gillian on public radio' date=' they were also guests on "A Prairie Home Companion" this past weekend. It was a great show and I have to tip my cap to public radio for showcasing their music.

Here's the link........http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2010/01/30/

BTW suburude......my wife and I are long time supporters of Spokane Public Radio and if by chance you were to turn on one of our radios and it wasn't tuned into KPBX, then it would no doubt be dialed into KWSU aka Northwest Public Radio. (Well, except when the Zags or Cougs are playing!) [thumbup

Farmer Roy Hi ! You should listen to KYRS (92.3) Friday nights at 6 pm . Anguses Concrete Rodeo ! Great show!

I love NPR also ! Have lots of friends who work there! [cool]

Farmer Roy Hi ! You should listen to KYRS (92.3) Friday nights at 6 pm . Anguses Concrete Rodeo ! Great show!

I love NPR also ! Have lots of friends who work there! :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm aware of KYRS and have tuned in a few times when I'm in town, but unfortunately their low powered signal doesn't reach us out on the Palouse. I did read that they are raising money with the goal of going to a higher wattage signal. Hopefully we'll be able to pick it up then.

Archived