Gibson Brands Forums

Help with identifying an Historic Collection Black SG special

thetonequest

Hi

Im a new member here and this is my first post, so here goes:

I live in Gothenburg, Sweden and in a local Guitarstore they have a used black SG special for sale.

This is a picture of the actual guitar from an ad site: Black gibson SG

As seen in the picture it has gold hardware.

It also has gold groover tuners and the serial number on the back of the head reads 000591

According to the serial number on the guitar this should be a custom shop historic collection 61 reissue made in the year 2000.

Was there guitars in these series made in this color and with these specs, or has the guitar been modified to look the way it does?

I would be very garateful for all help regarding this issue!

hi there, ur having the same problem as me, iv got a sg special 'les paul model' and everyone on here says its a fake, ive got to take it up to sheffield for another guy to look over before i know for sure, but when i play it side by side with a genuine 74 sg they sound identical, so dont take much notice of people on here, i can tell that a lot are unhappy that you may have something that they cant have!!!!

Hi Raveyd don't feel bad, I remember I have commented on your post that the guitar looks fake.. no one knows for sure of they are fakey or not, you just have to be careful. As much as possible do some research before you buy

when in doubt, knock it out!!!

Hey, you might find this forum thread helpful... how to tell if gibson les paul is fake

------------------------------------------------------------

Archived