Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a Nick Lucas

guitom

I'm looking for a Nick Lucas reissue. If you know where there might be one for sale' date=' I'd really appreciate the heads up. Thanks.[/quote']

I have a Michael Hauver Nick Lucas special for sale. E mail me if interested ! Its10 times the re issue is. Hand made by Michael Hauver. [biggrin]

suburude@comcast.net

Asking $2695 Shipped

Below are pics and description from the site I bought it from. Neil Harpe wrote the description.

More info suburude@comcast.net

Mike Hauver Nick Lucas Special Prototype ... This guitar was Mike Hauver's initial rendition of Gibson's finest finger picker's guitar. Since the time it was built, Mike has gone on to produce several other Nick Lucas Clones. But this guitar was number one! It is 12 frets to body as well as the same 24.75" scale as a 1930s original Lucas, but with a more modern 1 11/16" nut width. As one who has owned more than a dozen original Lucas Specials, I can honestly say that Mike's version sounds superb with a tone that compares very favorably to the "real thing" made by Gibson circa 1930. Mahogany sides and back, Adirondack spruce top. Grover Sta-tite tuners.

hauver_lucas2.jpg

hauver_lucasback.jpg

hauver_lucas3.jpg

Archived