Gibson Brands Forums

Tuner swap? Hummingbird?

geomcnasty

Hi I have a 2004 Hummingbird with the nickel grover tuners that came on it. I want to swap them out with a set of the Vintage style green key tuners that come on a true vintage. Would that be possible? Will the one hole line up allowing me to drill only the other hole for the top screw?

Thanks

I changed out with gold kluson's from Stew-Mac.Exact fit with posthole size.The Grovers have only the bottom screw and there was very faint imprint left when new were installed over top.Not on top screw, which will be the new screw hole that will need to be drilled,but the bottom screw.Trick before drilling is take appropriate drill bit and insert in existing hole after Grover mounting screw is removed and mark off with tape to ensure you don't go too deep into headstock. Sorry it is confusing when I try to type out,looks good in me head.That said I loved the look with Gold tuners,just like the original. Why Gibson went with the Grovers is something that I don't understand.

I changed out with gold kluson's from Stew-Mac.Exact fit with posthole size.The Grovers have only the bottom screw and there was very faint imprint left when new were installed over top.Not on top screw' date=' which will be the new screw hole that will need to be drilled,but the bottom screw.Trick before drilling is take appropriate drill bit and insert in existing hole after Grover mounting screw is removed and mark off with tape to ensure you don't go too deep into headstock. Sorry it is confusing when I try to type out,looks good in me head.That said I loved the look with Gold tuners,just like the original. Why Gibson went with the Grovers is something that I don't understand.[/quote']

Dood! Can we see some close-up pics of the back of that headstock?

Archived