Gibson Brands Forums

Question for Admin

Flamed Froggy

I was sure also about that but I saw some pics of one and now I'm pretty anxious about that. Actually I ordered it on the internet because the store is far away from me. Before my order I asked to the seller to send me some piccs. When I got them I was very happy because I noticed that the mahogany has some flames. I was so happy that I posted those pics on a forum. Some people up there noticed that some details were too much straight and they thought that there were two or several pieces of wood.

Well, I'm keep on thinking that SG reissues VOS have a one piece body and I will be sure in one week when I will receive it at home.

I received my SG yesterday and I'm very happy because it's a one piece mahogany body. I'm cool now. Sound is amazing and it's very light. My other SG is very light too (6,55 lbs) but I'm sure this one is lighter. Maybe Admin will be able to give me some details about my new guitar, the serial number is : 083252. I can read a serial number so I know this guitar was made in 2008 and it's a reissue '62 but I'd like to know more.

• 5 months later...

[biggrin] where did u buy your new SG froggyman? i just tried to find that store in paris,

universal guitars? i cant find their link......why? what happened? they looked good

before.........hey r u ready to sell your R9 to me? $6500 enough???? joe......

I just found this post now, I'm sorry dude ! Well, I bought this guitar on the internet because the store is far away from Paris. Universal Guitars is closed now. Actually, a lot of stores are closed in Paris. I think many people buy on the internet nowadays cos it's cheap. Unfortunatly one of them (Effect Center) was owned by a good friend of mine and now I don't know what he's gonna do... As for my R9, I prefer keep it for awhile beacause I don't need any money now. Maybe one day if you visit me...

Archived