Gibson Brands Forums

ES-325 trapeze tailpiece

wtp1369

I have an early 70's ES-325.Very sweet guitar!However,it has a trapeze tailpiece which constantly buzzes.Anyone know of a fix or a replacement that won't buzz?I know I could put a stop tailpiece on,but I would like to keep her all original or at least retain the ability to return it to original.Any help would be appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Sometimes the ball ends on strings can rattle or buzz against the tailpiece. Could that be it? Maybe insert something soft in between the end of the string and the notch in the tailpiece (like a piece of felt)? Just a thought.

Edit: just noticed the date of the original question. Why do people bring up threads this old? The guy may not even have the guitar any more.

VanZilla:I wouldn't dream of changing it unless it were with something with an exact screw size and layout match!It is too nice a guitar to ruin it like that!

JimR56:I'll try that and let you know how it works.Yes I still have that baby!It took a while,but I am glad someone answered!Got a pic of her somewhere,but can't seem to find it right now.I'll try to post it later.

Thanks,guys!

Wow, color me surprised. Over a year and a half since wtp's only post on the forums, and as soon as I make a wise crack about that, he responds in less than an hour! [omg] Serious regular lurker here? Just a coincidence? Either way, pretty amazing. [laugh]

Archived