Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Crestline knobs and logo?

SledDawg

I have a Crestline Falcon GA-19RVT. I think it's a '63 or '64. Of course it sounds amazing.

It has fairly typical panel rust, and some of the lines and numbers on the control panel have worn off. I'm experimenting with replacing them with black decal lines like these: http://tinyurl.com/37qdslz

This amp has the black top-hat style knobs with the red pointers on the silver centers. They are pretty hammered, and one is missing. I don't think anyone makes replacement knobs like these, so I am experimenting with "converting" some standard black Gibson guitar top-hat knobs, which are the same size and basic style. I was thinking if this works well I may make a run of these knobs and offer them to the Gibson restoration "community" at minimal cost. Others must be missing them as well. They would work on Falcons/Epiphone Pathfinder, Explorers, Skylarks, Les Pauls, Vanguards, etc. that used this style of knob.

What about the actual Crestline logo? Mine is a little chipped and I've thought about making a decal replica of that as well?

Would there be any interest in this?

Dave G.

Ebay can be a good resource for actual vintage parts. You might also want to visit www.tubesandmore.com. They are the place to find most anything related to the restoration of vintage amps.

BobB -

yes I've looked at Tubes and More - they don't have this type of knob. I have never seen any aftermarket knobs like this. There is one up for sale on eBay right now - it's the only one I've ever seen for sale. It's at a little over a dollar today, with a few days to go. I guess whatever it goes or will be some measure of how rare they are and what the demand is. As a comparison, a single "G" logo Guild guitar knob went for over $22.00 last week. Yikes!

Archived