Gibson Brands Forums

Question about Red stain in white Gibson HSC.

truetone6

Guest BentonC

That isn't normal. The color is underneath a layer of satin nitro lacquer.

Have you applied anything to the guitar recently?

I haven't run into that problem, but I would imagine that you'll want to keep other instruments away from that. If it rubbed off on the case, then you can't be certain it won't rub off on another guitar from the case.

That isn't normal. The color is underneath a layer of satin nitro lacquer.

Have you applied anything to the guitar recently?

I haven't. I bought it used like that.

100_9464.jpg

I haven't run into that problem' date=' but I would imagine that you'll want to keep other instruments away from that. If it rubbed off on the case' date=' then you can't be certain it won't rub off on another guitar from the case. [/quote'']

Ok,thanks.

Looks to me like "finish leak", which is cause by the lacquer (which has a yellow-ish tint to it) coming in contact with the case lining (kind of the point, I know). This is one reason I don't like cases with white lining, because they have the tendency to pick up EVERYTHING!

I wouldn't really worry about it as far as the VM goes, but as Benton said, avoid putting another guitar in that case, especially a white one!

Looks to me like "finish leak"' date=' which is cause by the lacquer (which has a yellow-ish tint to it) coming in contact with the case lining (kind of the point, I know). This is one reason I don't like cases with white lining, because they have the tendency to pick up EVERYTHING!

I wouldn't really worry about it as far as the VM goes, but as Benton said, avoid putting another guitar in that case, especially a white one![/quote']

How bought if I put my Samick in it? It has a poly finish.

100_9698-2.jpg

Archived