Gibson Brands Forums

J-45tv adi top center seam ridge

rjs1

I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice or an opinion. I just purchased a new J-45tv and I noticed that i can feel a slight ridge about 2" in length along the center seam about 1/2 way b/t the bridge and the base. it's under the finish and is very subtle but it's there. The seam appears to be nice and tight. Is this anything I should be concerned about?

I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice or an opinion. I just purchased a new J-45tv and I noticed that i can feel a slight ridge about 2" in length along the center seam about 1/2 way b/t the bridge and the base. it's under the finish and is very subtle but it's there. The seam appears to be nice and tight. Is this anything I should be concerned about?

Can't say much without seeing and feeling the seam, but it could be an early warning of underhumidification. You might check for other signs, including a flattening of the top and protruding fret ends. Do you know how the dealer was storing it?

Anyway, if that's all that it is, keeping the guitar properly humidified for awhile will take care of the problem.

-- Bob R

Archived