Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Sparkle

hawk269

I've seen some new Les Paul custom shop guitars in sparkle finishes, but can't find any information about them. What models are these available as and in what colors. Any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I hear ya, . . . I've seen the LP Custom in various Sparkle Finishes as well (Blue, Blue-Silver Burst, Red, Orange, Silver, Orange-Yellow SunBurst), but I've only seen them on ebay and in 1 small on-line guitar store (Wildwood Guitars). I don't see them on the Gibson website, and they don't seem to be available through the larger retailers such as Musician's Friend and Guitar Center.

The link provided only shows a Green-Yellow Burst.

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/gallery/sparkleLP/SparkleLP.html

Does anyone else have any additional info ? ? ?

The Sparkle finishes are more or less one-offs created in the Custom Shop. They are not mass produced and so you won't find them in the mass retailers unless they have a specific model done in a large quantity just for them. They are however available to authorized Gibson dealers as they are produced. I purchased a couple of these at the summer NAMM show in Nashville, TN. They had several to choose from. I am sure they sold out because they were going fast. If you are interested in purchasing one I have a black sparkle Les Paul and a silver sparkle SG left. Contact one of my sales staff at Jammin' John's Music 910-938-0700 or e-mail me at jamminjohnsmusic@earthlink.net

Archived