Gibson Brands Forums

Prophecy in New Guitar World

Firebrand

The Prophecy models are revewied in the new Guitar World and are played at some length on the CD-ROM if anyone wants to have a look. The reviews on the CD are postive, in the magazine they give the series a gold value award though they make a comment regarding some extra weight on the Floyd Rose equipped models.

I am always impressed with Paul their equipment editor, he sure can put a guitar through it's paces. I don't know about anyone else, but I used to read Guitar One as well and once they started to include a CD my interest waned a bit as they guys doing the demos were a little lacking. If I want to hear skills like that I can listen to my own playing and I don't have to pay extra for the opportunity.

Regardless, I am pretty keen to try the Les Paul and SG GX models with the Dirty Fingers PUP's. I really like the look of the quilted maple and gold and I always prefer an ebony fretboard, I don't even mind the blade inlays (though I own a BFG so perhaps my taste should be subject to some criticism). An EMG equipped model showed up locally a couple of months ago but I have yet to see any others in the stores around here. I will be out and about tomorrow so I am going to check out some other stores and see if I have any luck. Who knows, I might find one of those new Classic Customs if they made it up North.

Archived