Gibson Brands Forums

Lefty Jack Casady?

bbl

Hi All,

I'm a lefty bass player from the Bay Area (San Jose). Many of us lefties have been hearing rumors about lefty Jack Casady basses for quite some time. Then I read that Jim Rosenburg has made a lefty JC prototype for Joel Savell.

When will lefty JC's go into production? There's a group of lefties over at leftybassist.com who are just as anxious as I am about lefty JC's. If we can get, say, 5-10 buyers who can commit, can you do a limited run, at least?

(BTW, Jack is one my all-time favorite players - when I head to Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch next year, I'd like to bring my lefty JC with me.) :D/

How can we make this happen?

Thanks.

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All' date='

I'm a lefty bass player from the Bay Area (San Jose). Many of us lefties have been hearing rumors about lefty Jack Casady basses for quite some time. Then I read that Jim Rosenburg has made a lefty JC prototype for Joel Savell.

When will lefty JC's go into production? There's a group of lefties over at leftybassist.com who are just as anxious as I am about lefty JC's. If we can get, say, 5-10 buyers who can commit, can you do a limited run, at least?

(BTW, Jack is one my all-time favorite players - when I head to Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch next year, I'd like to bring my lefty JC with me.) :D/

How can we make this happen?

Thanks.

Geoff[/quote']

What Epiphone, Gibson and other companies don't realize is that lefties as well as being very few are also impulse buyers in the sense that if they see something in a lefty model, they tend to snatch it up right away because they know there's a 99.9% chance that they may not see it again, due to how rare it is. IMHO it would behoove these companies to make more than 3 lefties. I've been gassing for a Thunderbird badly for so long and I'm gonna either have to get a Tokai version or have a Luthier build me one and lets face it, it will sound better than anything coming out of either company's factories.

Archived