Gibson Brands Forums

Cases for Masterbilts

mortarman

So I see ads for the AJ-500R and they say it comes with a hard gig bag. Cool! Then I go into Samash and they say it doesn't. I go onto Musiciansfriend.com and they say it doesn't come with a case. So my question is, does anyone who owns an AJ-500R or any of the Masterbilts know if they got a case with their guitar or not? I'm so confused. I think if you're going to sell a complete solid wood guitar you should provide a case for it. Please help!

The OEM cases are quite nice - essentially Roadrunner polyfoam hardcases with hygrometers and "Epiphone Masterbuilt" embroidered on the outside.

They're hard to find' date=' but Sweetwater has them. I got one for an EF 500 - at a very reasonable price of $59.00.

[/quote']

Geelinus is correct--if you would like to see photos of the model he mentioned, go to my "AJ500RC's are in...." thread, I have posted photos of the case. I'm impressed with the value, I mean a hygrometer (and, mine came with a Planet Waves knockoff humidifier in the storage compartment) and all for that great price! I may have to get one for one of my Washburn guitars, I bought it used and all it came with was a "gig bag", no foam padding or anything like that. I've been putting the Washburn into the gig bag and then the gig bag into an older "chipboard/cardboard" case, that keeps it from rattling around but won't provide the impact protection of one of these Epiphone Masterbilt cases.

Dugly =D>

Archived