Gibson Brands Forums

Changing The Pickups.

AlpineX2

Also some of the Dimarzio pickups info mention F-spaced. What is that ? Will pole pieces be in different place to strings then.

F-spaced = Fender spacing' date=' so yes the pole pieces are wider apart b/c strings gaps are wider on a Fender fret board.

layboomo and I agree that you are essentially throwing away money on pickups "converting" your SG if spot-on tone is what you are after. But hey, it's yours to throw at patchwork and then :) for tone miracles.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby, I'm going to play on:-"

F-spaced = Fender spacing' date=' so yes the pole pieces are wider apart b/c strings gaps are wider on a Fender fret board.

layboomo and I agree that you are essentially throwing away money on pickups "converting" your SG if spot-on tone is what you are after. But hey, it's yours to throw at patchwork and then default_eusa_wall.gif for tone miracles.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby, I'm going to play on:-"

It just because I now have to make an order to shop anyway so I will also get a new pickup now. I cannot get those pickups in my homecountry so now is good opportunity get one those also. I can get cheap noname pickups from local store in 15 euros but I don't think they would improve sound in anyway. At the moment money isn't too big of problem to me. Ofcourse I don't like to pay without getting anything in return but I can spend some for experiments.

Archived