Gibson Brands Forums

My Les Paul's live test drive

Hooligan

Yesterday I got to play my Breedlove acoustic while my buddy played my Les Pual. Before our rehearsal I was back stage getting some charts ready. My buddy was warming up with the Pual. I was amazed at the sound. It was awesome............Full, dirty, powerful and yet still creamy. I was proud to say the least. The other guitar player plays an awesome jazzmaster but even it lacks the down in the pits of your soul punch as even the cheapo Humbuckers provide.

Now both guys were playing through a Pod X3 Live and I have no idea what amp they were modeling. No bother I was jut happy to hear some sweet music from my axe. made me dig a little deper on my Breedlove.

I cannot wait to get the nut replaced. I noticed him doing some tuning between each song..........Not good! I asked him about that. I had put Super Slinky 9's on it last week. I forgot he broke the high E mid way through rehearsal. I guess he had just put 10's on it and they were still settling in. Still, an Ivory from a forrest elehpant from the Congo is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Cooler than a plstic nut!

Bob Colosi you rock!

Maybe I'll get a video loaded on Yuotube, that is if'n you don't mind church rock-n-roll!

Archived