Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement tuners

cj59

I'm looking for recommendations on replacement tuners a dr500r. The grover open tuners seem cheap and one of them feels loose. I've tryed tighting the screw but i feel that that the worm gear is deffective. Do not know if there is something else i can do. thanks for any advise

I'm looking for recommendations on replacement tuners a dr500r. The grover open tuners seem cheap and one of them feels loose. I've tryed tighting the screw but i feel that that the worm gear is deffective. Do not know if there is something else i can do. thanks for any advise

Give these guys a try!! I have the same tuners on my AJ500M, & like them very much.

If your guitar is under warranty, I would just get a replacement for the one your having trouble with.

You could take it to a Gibson - Epiphone certified Luthier ,& let, he, or she do it for you.

If you just don't like the tuners that's a different story. If that's the case, try Stewmac, they have everything!!

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners.html

Thanks Paul For the reply. I called gibson/epipihone warranty line on today and they are sending me a replacement turner no fuss. I did check out the link you sent very cool. I'm going to order some new tuners for my yamaha fg75 I got it new in 1972 still plays well but some of the gears could use replacing.

Archived