Gibson Brands Forums

FS: Epiphone Les Paul w/ Gibson 57s and Fender 57 Vintage Hot Rod Strat.

mclmk8d

It's been awhile since I've posted here...used to post more often on the old board, but these last 6 months have been interesting, for lack of a better word...my divorce came through, my son went off to college, I moved, and my mom passed away.

Now that I'm on winter break from those 106 wild and wacky 6th graders of mine (history teacher), I've had time to review things, as has my son.

First, he bought himself a Gibson CS-336 because he didn't like his Fender 57 Vintage Hot Rod Strat..he still has the Highway 1.

So, the first guitar for sale is a 2007 Fender '57 Vintage Hot Rod Strat in 2-tone sunburst. Excellent condition with some of the usual buckle rash in back. Thin-skin nitro-cellulose finish, maple neck, frets perfect. This guitar has not been used very much. Comes with Fender G&G classic tweed case and all case candy. Here are the Fender specs:

Fender American Vintage Hot Rod '57 Stratocaster Electric Guitar Features:

* Thin-skin nitrocellulose finish

* Comfort-contoured alder body

* One-piece maple neck

* Custom slim-shape V-profile with satin finish on back

* 9.5" fingerboard radius

* 21 medium-jumbo frets

* 25.5" scale length

* Nut width: 1.650"

* Chrome hardware

* Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuners

* American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo

* 1-ply white pickguard

* Parallel-wired Samarium Cobalt Noiseless neck and middle pickups with a DiMarzio Tone Zone bridge pickup

* 5-position blade pickup switch

* Master volume control

* Tone 1 (neck pickup)

* Tone 2 (bridge pickup)

* Setup with Fender Super 250R Nickel Plated Steel strings (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)

* Includes Vintage Tweed Case, Strap, Cable, and Meguiar's care kit

ASKING $1300. PICKUP IN COCONUT CREEK, FLORIDA OR SHIPPED FOR $45.Thumbnail links follow:

img0392sgr2.th.jpgimg0393ssn2.th.jpgimg0394scs2.th.jpgimg0397sln3.th.jpgimg0396suc4.th.jpgimg0400sad4.th.jpg

I have a few more photos if you need them.

**************************************************************************************************

The second is my 1996 Epiphone MIK Les Paul, professionally set up by Ralph Seymour at MAE in Ft. Lauderdale. The original stock Epi pickups and plastic nut have been replaced by a set of rare Gibson Zebra 57 Classic / Classic Plus pickups and a Tusq nut. This one weighs in at just about 9 lbs. After the death of my mom, the desire to play just went out of me. I hope it will come back, but for now, the guitar is just gathering dust. Hopefully, someone here can get enjoyment out of it.

The finish is an incredible looking turquoise/aquamarine color that seems to change color with the light, and has amazing flaming. Great sounding, incredible sustain like all Les Pauls, and with the Gibson pickups, wonderful tone. Just a bit of buckle rash and surface abrasion.

The guitar currently has Elixir 9-42s and will come with an extra set of Gibson Humbucker 9-42s.

Asking $700 with a classic Gibson USA LP brown shroud case, or $600 without the case. Pickup in Coconut Creek, Florida or can be shipped for $45. Thumbnails follow:

p1000076snm9.th.jpgp1000075sjs5.th.jpgimg0354scx3.th.jpgimg0359sns0.th.jpgimg0361sba9.th.jpg

EMAIL HERE OR AT bluerex02@yahoo.com with any questions. Prices are negotiable. Thanks for looking

Archived