Gibson Brands Forums

I think I have a fix, customers not being helped.

Nailgun

Alex Lifeson ES-355, custom was a bad deal for the folks who ordered early and did not get the early serael numbers that they should have. Now this has put Gibson in a bad light and I have a plain to save Gibson and the Happy Customers a ton of hart ache.

When a custom guitar is ordered from any Gibson dealer the order is placed and Gibson tells the customer what there guitar # is right then.. Via the internet. That guitar will go to no other person in the world. And a simple data base that a customer can log into to keep track of their new custom guitar, and an eta for them to anticipate. Just think of the new ad telling the world about Gibson's new Custom Guitar Tracking, fits right with the Robot guitar..

Now if Gibson says this is way to much work to set this up then thats a different problem, such as get a shrink over to the marketing department or fire some of them; you make the call.

If Gibson should use my Idea and make the customers Very Happy with a new and much better way to order limited edition guitars, then I want the next limited edition guitar that comes out as payment. Number 001 of course.

Now I make this post in order to help Gibson and the wonderful customers who pay the bills for all Gibson employees.

Thank You For Your Time

Jim G.

El Cajon, CA

It's well documented how serial number affects the tone' date=' playability and look of the guitar. [/quote']

You can look at this two ways.

The lower the number the more flaws and bugs you will find, and as the numbers go up the better the guitar will be they learned what to do and what not to do.

or

The higher the number the sicker the custom shop guys are getting of building the same guitar and the faster they want to be done with them, which means more flaws.

Oh damn, I found a flaw. the bottom of the (6) on my serial number is missing. Guess I'll have to return it:d/

It's money plain and simple GC orders bulk of the guitars from Gibson ,therefore they get first dibs ,It sucks but thats the way of the world !

Gibson may say they care about there customers (Guitarists) but they care more about the collectors (guys with the big cash ) cheers!

Archived