Gibson Brands Forums

Steinberger locking tuners on Firebird

anfontan

Hey to all of you out there, I just joined and have a question about the restringing procedure on an Epi Firebird with Steinberger locking tuners.

I searched in the archives with no luck so..:) ..I just got it used in great shape but the strings are getting pretty dead.

I've heard the regular humbuckers on these Epi's are bright and hoped they have some of the mini-humbuckers vibe-a friend has an old Gibson Firebird with the banjo style tuners that's got some heavenly tones! So any help with restringing this beast will be appreciated!

Spin them so they are all the way out (as tall as possible). Unlock the string and remove. You might have to Stretch the high e a bit when putting it on but theo others just tighten the lock so they stay put and tune. The process really is very simple.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/1/Steinberger_Gearless_Tuners/Instructions/I-5460.html#details

Thanks a million X--that will help me out just fine. I was searching youtube hoping there was a video of installing strings but no luck.

I've had a Sheraton II for about 15 years and a Les Paul Standard for a couple years-these Epi's are some great guitars!

I'll have to post some pictures of my collection sometime soon....

Archived