Gibson Brands Forums

Fake ej200 vs - from mzonline.co.uk!

brettcal82

Ordered the ej200 from the much disliked mzonline.co.uk and i can see why, after a week and a half of not recieving my guitar i was emailing (famous) frank as he likes to call himself asking where it was to no reply, so i googled mzonline to check its reliability and found this forum and all the talk about him selling fake guitars and he does, i just got mine and its fake as hell, the colours are not right, the tuning keys were a dull faded brass colour, i checked the serial and it says factory not recognised where it was apparently made, so i warn anyone not to use this site i made the mistake and will hopefully recieve a refund, ive contacted google and there trying to sort it out and if hes found to be selling fakes there hopefully gonna shut him down, has anyone else had anything from him? and was yours real?

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Buying a guitar should be fun. Have you tried contacting Epiphone's customer service department? It seems to me that they should be concerned about businesses which sell forgeries under their name. Maybe they would be willing to help...

I'd be leary of buying anything from someone who called themself, 'famous', 'crazy'. Good luck getting your money back. Really, I hope you do, but wouldn't hold my breath. Let us know how it turns out. Not sure Google is motivated to do much. Might get better response shutting these fellas down from the guys he's pirated, vis. Epiphone / Gibson. Just incase they haven't read this thread, email Customer Service.

Thanks guys google shopping are currently helping me out, i purchased through them, and there chasing him up because hes not answering his emails, i emailed gibson i will let ya all know what they say

and could anyone check the serial number for me gg07121861

it might turn out a real serial but they do put real serials in fake guitars

Thanks guys google shopping are currently helping me out' date=' i purchased through them, and there chasing him up because hes not answering his emails, i emailed gibson i will let ya all know what they say

and could anyone check the serial number for me gg07121861

it might turn out a real serial but they do put real serials in fake guitars[/quote']

Ohhhh. GiggleShopping. I'd forgotten they opened an Ebay like store. They should be motivated to at least drop this guy from advertising on their store site. But... "Crazy Frank's fake guitar's .com site might still be opened for giving the business.

Just a thought...

You said you think the guitar is a fake, because the colour is different than the ones pictured in the Internet, and the serial number indicates an unidentified factory.

Colours can vary, and I just checked the serial number on my Epiphone, which is definitely genuine, as I bought it from a very large, authorized dealer. I also get the info that the factory isn't known.

How was the packaging, and, more importantly, how is the guitar? Does it play well, does it sound good? I would never defend a scam artist, but is it possible that you simply got a great deal?

Just a thought...

You said you think the guitar is a fake, because the colour is different than the ones pictured in the Internet, and the serial number indicates an unidentified factory.

Colours can vary, and I just checked the serial number on my Epiphone, which is definitely genuine, as I bought it from a very large, authorized dealer. I also get the info that the factory isn't known.

How was the packaging, and, more importantly, how is the guitar? Does it play well, does it sound good? I would never defend a scam artist, but is it possible that you simply got a great deal?

the box wasnt epiphone it had chinese writing on it, packaging was terrible wasnt even the right box for that guitar, it had horrible fret buzz even with a capo on, i stretched the strings as well, action wasnt bad, but even the pearl details on the frets were like the paint from the neck was smeared in them, the tuning keys were a dull brass colour as well

how can you tell a fake epiphone dot, i have a riviera and its mint from 1998, i got an epi dot 2008 and it dont look as good, the f holes seem wider and the epi logo looks like a kid scrawled it, but nicely inlaid, and the serial number is only on the sticker inside the f hole not on the headstock.

anyone?

how can you tell a fake epiphone dot' date=' i have a riviera and its mint from 1998, i got an epi dot 2008 and it dont look as good, the f holes seem wider and the epi logo looks like a kid scrawled it, but nicely inlaid, and the serial number is only on the sticker inside the f hole not on the headstock.

anyone?[/quote'] best thing to do is post some pictures of it and let these kind fellows take a look

Archived