Gibson Brands Forums

Help: Where to find parts for my Epi-EA 250

JohnnyL1281734136

Hello folks. I have lurked here previously and felt I should go ahead and join.

I need some help locating parts for my early 70s EA 250. Specifically looking for bridge saddles and screws for my 'L P Brige.' I scour the bay all the time and have had no luck. Maybe I will have to purchase more than once to get all that I need-a lot of times the auctions are for remnants or junk... I was bidding on an auction trying to score 4 pieces... I am hoping you may know of a source online or even recommend some current production screws and saddles that will work. My local stores do not have them.

Do the GOTOH GSTM2 parts work?

I appreciate any input you can provide.

Sincerely,

Johnny

OK here we go: I'm no expert on Gibson bridges. I think the bridge on my Sheri is the same size as an ABR1. My Sheri is a 2004 Saein, (serial number begins with I) which aren't the same as Samicks and possibly other Koreans. I've posted now as I'm going to have the mrs. closing me down for the night soon, so if you you need to check Gibson sizes then you'll have to search around or ask someone here.

Anyway, the comparison between EA250 & Sheri looks like this:

The bridge units are basically the same size, but the post hole on the EA is about 1mm smaller diameter. So you could swap for a new entire bridge.

The saddles though are different. If you think of the saddles as T-shaped, the top bar of the T on the Sheri is about half a mm taller, not a problem as you could just cut a deeper string groove. The big compatability problem is that the Sheri saddle is about 1mm taller in the stem of the T. The screw holes are in the same place, so you could grind 1mm off the bottom of the saddle and it should fit OK- saddle widths are the same.

The screws are basically the same, slight chamfer on the EA which you have to be right up close to see. The collar on the screw is very slightly further along, but I tried a Sheri screw in the EA bridge and it works. Ah, I didn't check a Sheri screw in an EA saddle but they look identical. If you need me to do this I can but not tonight. Hope this is useful- let us know how you get on?

Archived