Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul problem

rhcpfan2011

I got my Les Paul back today after being in the shop for about two months with a broken neck. When I got it back i immediately strung it up and plugged it in only to see that there was barely any sound on clean and i had barely any crunch or tone in my distortion, it just sounded clean with a slight fuzz. I fooled with my volume switches and the the volume switches on the amp. I even put the amp to 10 and there was still hardly any sound, and im playing through a 100 watt amp! I know it's not the amp because all my guitars played fine through the amp, I also didn't see any loose wiring, so if anyone could help out that would be great.

p.s. there is also a scratchy sound, like when you take the jack out while the amps still on, when you turn the volume to about 5 on both treble and rhythm.

Sounds to me like the shop had the pups out to repair the neck and either knocked a ground/solder point loose or cut/pulled/crossed a wire upon reinstall. I'd pull the pups and take a look (make sure also that they didn't do the old pup switcheroo). If it's nothing you want to touch, then haul it right back to the shop to do their job right this time. Good luck.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Ah i hope they didn't switch out the pickups that would be just horrible. As for what you said i'm pretty positive that your right and for whatever reason he needed to fool with the electronics i will never know.

I'm only 15 so i'm not going to be messing with the pickups, but I have guitar lessons there tomorrow so going to send it right back to them

Archived