Gibson Brands Forums

Decent Find?

EbonyLP

I found this Epi G-400 on Kijiji. I'm wondering if its a good deal or not so maybe you guys can help...

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Epiphone-SG-G-400-accessories-W0QQAdIdZ104336562

In the pics it has alot of fingerprints on it, but I'll get polish to fix that if I get it. The only thing bad about it is a tiny nick at the bottom of the body.

have u played a g-400 yet? the guitar is not worth the money. Epiphone takes care of their Les Paul's as if they were a gibson but they are lazy when it comes to sg's. but hey! if you like the way it feels and sounds, then all power to you. Im not bashing epiphone. Im just a disappointed consumer. I bought one for $430, hated it and thought it was just the model itself so i took it back and got another, sucked so i got back my $430 raised another $150 and bought myself an Epi LP Std and coudn't be happier with it.

Hope I help! lol

peace,

Sinful Bane

have u played a g-400 yet? the guitar is not worth the money. Epiphone takes care of their Les Paul's as if they were a gibson but they are lazy when it comes to sg's. but hey! if you like the way it feels and sounds' date=' then all power to you. Im not bashing epiphone. Im just a disappointed consumer. I bought one for $430, hated it and thought it was just the model itself so i took it back and got another, sucked so i got back my $430 raised another $150 and bought myself an Epi LP Std and coudn't be happier with it.

Hope I help! lol

peace,

Sinful Bane[/quote']

Yes I tried a g400 at my music store awhile back. I like SGs better TBH, but LPs are still sweet. So I guess you're saying if I like it to go with this one? Thanks for the advice.

Yes I tried a g400 at my music store awhile back. I like SGs better TBH' date=' but LPs are still sweet. So I guess you're saying if I like it to go with this one? Thanks for the advice.[/quote']

yeah dude at the end of the day, it all comes down to what feels best in your hands and sounds the best to your ears. [-o< and your welcome! lol =P~

BTW is that guitar darker then it is in the pics on the site? I thought it was but maybe I'm wrong...[-o< Also' date= when I go to check it out and decide if I'm going to buy it, what should I look for just to make sure it's no fake?[/quote]

the basics u know. Serial number on the back of the headstock etc.. The Epi sg has no creme neck binding just so u know.

Looks like a decent deal to me,,if you've played one and like em why the hell not. I was always a bit leary of buying a guitar online cause as we all know no 2 are EXACTLY the same but i scored a 2003 G-400 custom Korina on e bay last year and its now one of my favorites,,The guy i bought it from described it as dead mint and he wasnt lying ,,,he even included the original reciept for the guitar from its original owner(it wasnt him.)Long story short,,this thing made me SG believer,,i just bought a Prophecy GX 2 mos ago,SO ,,,if you want it ,.,,,GO FOR IT and enjoy!!!

My Guitarsenal : 2008 SG Prophecy Custom GX,,2003 G-400 Custom Korina,,1998 "58 Explorer,!998 "58 Flying V,1981 Handmade Bc Rich Mockingbird,,1976 Ibanez Strat,,,1968 Gibson Les Paul Custom

This is an alright deal, but not spectacular, IMHO. If what you are interested in most is the guitar, the other stuff is just a distraction.

If at all possible, you SHOULD buy a guitar you can try out first. I bought my faded G-400 at HaightAshbury music almost by accident--I wasn't looking for one, but it played so nice in the store that I HAD to buy it. (Sorry for you guys who have had bad G-400 experiences.)

If you can't get to a store, try a reputable online store that has a decent return period. Cheers.

Thanks for all the help guys! After thinking it over, I decided I'm going to go test this guitar. The seller sent me the serial number and I thought maybe you guys could tell me some info about the guitar (like when it was made, where, etc.) from the serial number.

Serial Number: DW04103394

And don't worry, I'll post some pics when I get the guitar! :-s

According to to the site i use (http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx) this guitar was made For Epiphone by the Daewon Musical Instrument Co.in Dalian,,Northern China in October 2004. and it was production #3394.I would say dont be scared off by the China factor,,,iwas a bit nervous about it at first myself till i played a couple of them.In some cases it seems as if they are really going out of thier way to do everything right on these guitars Good Luck!!!

Archived