Gibson Brands Forums

Who knows anything about this Epi?

soulgeezer

I was going through my storage unit a while back, when I came across this guitar:

IMG_0116.jpg

It's an Epiphone mini-Les Paul (sometimes called a "Pee Wee") with "Epiphone" printed in gold at the top of the headstock and "Gibson" engraved on the truss rod cover. Instead of "Les Paul" printed on the face of the headstock, it says "Mickey Mouse." Obviously, it is black with a pearlized Mickey Mouse-shaped pick guard. It's still in the original packaging, including shipping box. I've only opened the box twice, once to check it when I originally received it and again to take the above photo.

I seem to remember buying it on clearance from the Disney Store about ten or twelve years ago for something like fifty bucks. But, when I try to look it up online, I can't find a single reference to this guitar -- Not on eBay, not on any of the Disney collector sites, nowhere.

I am NOT looking to sell this guitar. I am really just interested to find out if it is considered "collectible" nowadays.

Has anybody seen one of these before? Do I have the only one still extant? I can't believe the complete lack of information available about this guitar!

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- Thanks!

Believe it or not I watched one of these sell on E-bay sell just last week, I think it got around $125.

or $160.-ish. Not a Disney or a Mickey fan, (more of a Bugs Bunny kinda guy), but for a mini or a

Pee-Wee the things got a neat look to it, seeemed to attract a lot of attention as I recall, heck I had

it on my watch list....

Wedgie

Got a link? I just went through all the "Completed Items" listings for every variation of what this guitar might be called. I only came up with one that seemed like it might be the one that you're talking about. But, it wasn't a Mickey Mouse model -- It was just a black mini-Les Paul. And, it sold for 152.50.

Archived