Gibson Brands Forums

BC30-SoCal Footswitch

Howdy!

Noob here.

In case anyone needs or wants a footswitch for their BC30 or Socal they are now in stock at Sweetwater for $23.9? + shipping. Here's the link:

https://staging.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EPAFSB

EDIT: 3.25.09 Just a note to add...the footswitch arrived just arrived about 1/2 hour ago by way of USPS...no shipping/mailing charge but I did have to pay 7% tribute to the governor. Total damages = $25.67

Yes, the footswitch works as advertised...lights and all. It's a black powder-coated metal box with plastic end caps. The cable is basically a mic cable (2cdr. w/gr...I'm guessing at about 24-26AWG). I'm not impressed with the TRS 1/4" phone connector on the end as it's a thin metal affair with inadequate strain relief and what I consider to be inadequate solder tabs. I'll handle it with kid gloves until I can replace the connector with a Neutrik or Switchcraft. I'm sort of tempted to install a TRS jack on the box and just keep a TRS 1/4 -1/4 cable on hand (a couple actually) for ease of use and in case of unforeseen difficulties.

They've had those for a while actually. Maybe close to a year? Months at least. Anyway, thanks for sharing. I also wasn't too impressed with it but I guess that design is pretty common. Since I have a BC30, I wish the pedal had more of a vintage look, like the Fender "vintage" 2-button footswitches. I have the 1-button Fender for another amp and it has a nice switch (smooth like the ones MXR uses on their pedals) and a nice jack.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

- Brandon

Thanks for the welcome!

I figured they had them previously but when I checked they were listed as due to arrive this month. I checked the next day (I was looking for something else and that was the only Sweetwater link I had) and they had arrived so I ordered one then posted the info here.

I'm new to the BC30. I found one on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago, went and checked it out and decided I liked it. I opened up the cab and discovered mine was made very late 07 - early 08. It's tubed with the 6L6's. I think it sounds great. Along with the general consensus I too think it's a little bright (but nothing that can't be controlled with the guitar's tone pot) and the distortion in the 2nd channel is lame. I also think the reverb is lame. Still, the amp has great potential. Apparently the mods will be easy enough...snip a cap or three, replace a resistor and buy a longer 6 spring reverb tank for some lush reverb and I should have just about what I want in a combo...Oh! And build a caster plate for it because it IS heavy!

Hi all,

I am awaiting my newly-purchased BC30, and was wondering if a Marshall 2-button footswitch would be operational with a BC30. I have a Marshall Valvestate 80 amp, which comes with a 2 button footswitch (channel / reverb).

> has anyone a clue about this ?

rgds,

Tinisa

Archived