Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Parts

Purorock327

I'm sure this has been covered previously (where to find parts), but I couldn't find anything in a search of this forum. Anyone know where to get Epiphone tulip tuners for a good deal, if not a steal?? Now, here's the kicker... because I'm willing to buy the green tulip tuners, but my 1999 Epiphone Classic (it's a limited edition, and not the one in my avatar) has cheap, crappy plastic BLACK tulip tuners.

In the 10 years I've had this guitar, despite the fact the tuners are plastic, I've not had issues keeping it in tune, but I've dropped the thing and bumped it :-k a couple of times (I was a road-warrior at one point), and the tuners have cracked and chipped. I've done all the repairs I can, and the glued together pieces aren't noticeable unless you're up close and have a pair of eyes... but I could never find replacements. Black tulip tuner replacements. I could buy the green ones and paint them, but, I'd rather not.

If anyone could recommend a store, online or otherwise where I can order said parts, I'd be forever grateful. BTW, are the green tulip tuners plastic as well? I'm sure the stem and casing aren't, but what about the peg itself? On this particular guitar, peg and casing are plastic but not the peg and the mechanism inside. Thanks in advance for the input.

Be blessed.

Take a look at these from Guitarfetish ( I'll post link), I bought

a set of the SHINY GOLD to replace the funky "satin" gold finish

ones on my Raven West LP copy. Have had NO complaints with

the quality, ease of install, ability to hold tune. The top has the

"screw-in" hexagonal bushing. They also sell a "conversion/spacer"

bushing, just search for it on site. Mine was direct drop in. Just ordered

another 100 bux worth of stuff a couple of days ago - prices are

TOO GOOD to pass up!!!!

http://store.guitarfetish.com/clketublfi70.html

Ahhh!! Those would be 90% perfect... except the one's on my Classic have the larger casing with the Epiphone "E" on it. Not a deal breaker by any means... but those look great. Almost perfect.

Now, is the metric/standard issue in relation to Epi's and Gibson's applicable in this case when it comes to installation?

Ahhh!! Those would be 90% perfect... except the one's on my Classic have the larger casing with the Epiphone "E" on it. Not a deal breaker by any means... but those look great. Almost perfect.

Now' date=' is the metric/standard issue in relation to Epi's and Gibson's applicable in this case when it comes to installation?[/quote']

I suppose it would depend on whether you used a metric or standard wrench to tighten the

nut on top...har, har! Any doubts, measure the holes in YOUR git, compare. The tuner holes on

my MIK "Raven" were just slightly larger than the tuner shaft, but I installed, tightened screw

most of way, tightened top nut to set in place, tightened screw all the way. I have not noticed

ANY tuner movement at all, holds tune just fine. Your call, one could find spacer bushing, I'm

quite sure.

I've heard that the Grover look-alikes from Guitar Fetish are Jinho' date=' which are OE on many

new Epiphones (like mine) They're fine, probably 14:1.[/quote']

I think you ARE right!!! I was going to quote 1:1 just to be a deeekhaid, but didn't have the heart.

Either way, I LIKE these tuners and would not hesitate to buy again!

Archived