Gibson Brands Forums

SD SH-1 and SH-5 in Les Paul Custom

eonblue

I have a Black/Gold hardware LP Custom and I want to replace the pickups. I was obviously going to go with Seymour Duncan and this is what I was going to do:

Neck - SH-1 '59

Bridge - SH-5 Duncan Custom

Anyone think this is a bad combo for playing hard rock/metal????? Also, does anyone have major problems with feedback using the SH-5, since it is a high output???? Thanks for any replys!!!!!

I have a Black/Gold hardware LP Custom and I want to replace the pickups. I was obviously going to go with Seymour Duncan and this is what I was going to do:

Neck - SH-1 '59

Bridge - SH-5 Duncan Custom

Anyone think this is a bad combo for playing hard rock/metal????? Also' date=' does anyone have major problems with feedback using the SH-5, since it is a high output???? Thanks for any replys!!!!![/quote']

It's OK but you should look hard at the SH-6 distortion set before you settle on the two babies you're considering.

$130 for the pair, perfect for metal, punk, etc. Ceramic magnets to deliver all the crunch you need.

Definitely look at these before you decide. I have these in my G-400 Custom and they are the perfect mate.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-Distortion-Mayhem-SH-6-Humbucker-Pair-103303582-i1127369.gc

Archived