Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Tuning

Bamablues

The tuning problem I'm having with my Dot is only the G string.I haverelaced the strings, tightened the tuner and put pencil lead under in the nut.I have losened the string and run a wound string back and forth through its groove in the nut.Still after playing a few minutes, it out.Should I relace the nut?

JLHooker

The tuning problem I'm having with my Dot is only the G string.I haverelaced the strings' date=' tightened the tuner and put pencil lead under in the nut.I have losened the string and run a wound string back and forth through its groove in the nut.Still after playing a few minutes, it out.Should I relace the nut?

JLHooker[/quote']

Read this:

http://images.onstagemag.com/files/46/0202Setuptxt.html

The tuning problem I'm having with my Dot is only the G string.I haverelaced the strings' date=' tightened the tuner and put pencil lead under in the nut.I have losened the string and run a wound string back and forth through its groove in the nut.Still after playing a few minutes, it out.Should I relace the nut?

JLHooker[/quote']Try a wound G string. Or compensate the tuning by using harmonics.

Archived