Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera with bigsby and case issue

cymbaline87

Hey after a long time absence I'm back again... with a question for you experienced folks

I just bought an Elite Riviera. It should arrive here within a few days. The guitar has a Bigsby system installed.

My question is...would this guitar with Bigsby fit in my Sheraton case?

Thanks a lot!!

Hey after a long time absence I'm back again... with a question for you experienced folks

I just bought an Elite Riviera. It should arrive here within a few days. The guitar has a Bigsby system installed.

My question is...would this guitar with Bigsby fit in my Sheraton case?

Thanks a lot!!

Probably. Just swing the Bigsby arm back toward the tail end strap button, and it should fit just fine.

thanks a lot man!

No problem. The Bigsby doesn't take up much more space than a trapeze or a standard bridge or stop tailpiece. The cases are made to accomodate them. As long as a standard Riviera will fit into a standard Sheraton case ( can't imagine why it wouldn't) you should be OK.

i do the same for my les paul w/ bigsby but after about two hours of leaving it in the case' date='it un-tunes. besides that, its fine[/quote']

LP cases may not have quite as much clearance between the face of the guitar and the inside of the case.

Archived