Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup for an SJ200?

This reply may be a little late but I'd go with the LR. Baggs Element.They have a new one that has a volume and a tone control tucked into the edge of the sound hole.The pickup itself has a great sound with even a touch of body sensitivity for tapping or percussive playing.I have an EF-500ra with the onboard pre-amp Element system which mounts in the top side of the guitar.It gives alot more control over your sound but the simpler volume and tone controled pre sounds great too.They're around 120.00 for the simpler model.You might also want to check out the new Fishman Matrix Infinity.

I think a lot of the answer depends on what you will primarily be using your guitar for. I have an AJ-200s which I use for composing and recording. I needed a pick up for recording and after seeking advice here I decided to go with a K&K pure western. This pick up has universal rave reviews and you can get it with a sound hole volume control. You should definitely check this pick up out. You won't find it at chain music stores. You'll have to check out the K&K website. I've had the luthier who will install it order it, but it has not arrived yet and I will post a review once it is installed.

Spyders

Archived