Gibson Brands Forums

To trade or not to trade?

lpfan

I just got an offer to trade my Applause acousdtic/electric for an Epiphone lp Special. Its black with flames. I thought it might look cool with a Bigsby. It also has the Epi Custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock. The Applause sounds good but I want to get a nicer acoustic/electric after I graduate from EKU. What do you guys think, should I or shouldn't I?

Seeing as you already have 2 quality Les Pauls, id say keep your acoustic. Ive ownd an Epi LP Special and i wasn't to impressed. Tuners were garbage and the pickups were pretty poor. Unless you feel like sinking some money into making it a very good guitar id say just keep your acoustic.

Epipunk

I don't mind replacing the tuners and pickups. I just thought it would look awesome with a bigsby. The acoustic is nice but I'm not really happy with it anymore. I actually want a Gretsch Rancher acoustic/electric.

Guest icantbuyafender

thats what i did.

I traded a good acoustic electric ovation for a pair of specials.

An SG and a LP, threw new chrome GFS keystone tuners, chrome knobs, SwitchCraft style switch, orange drops and Duncan Designed pups

They were fun projects, especially because of the wiring options. I chose coil splitting.

couldnt have been happier, seeing as I didnt use that guitar much at all.

The only acoustic i have now is a classical acoustic.

Archived