Gibson Brands Forums

HELP!! - Japanese 92 Bolt On Neck LP Standard????

youami123

Hi everyone,

I have just come across a supposedly 92 LP Standard. It has a bolt on neck with a plain silver plate inscribed with serial no. 9201XXX - no letters in front of the numbers at all. I have read that some serial Epi serial Numbers dont have letters in them and these are 'Made in Japan'. The number seems to indicate a 1992 model. Anways, its got rectangle inlays like a custom, open book headstock (although headstock doesnt say Les Paul Model or have anything other than 'Epiphone' and the truss rod cover)...im confused. I cant seem to find anything on the net that gives me confidence its an MIJ Epi....Any help??

Hi everyone' date='

I have just come across a supposedly 92 LP Standard. It has a bolt on neck with a plain silver plate inscribed with serial no. 9201XXX - no letters in front of the numbers at all. I have read that some serial Epi serial Numbers dont have letters in them and these are 'Made in Japan'. The number seems to indicate a 1992 model. Anways, its got rectangle inlays like a custom, open book headstock (although headstock doesnt say Les Paul Model or have anything other than 'Epiphone' and the truss rod cover)...im confused. I cant seem to find anything on the net that gives me confidence its an MIJ Epi....Any help??

[/quote']

Sounds to me like you got ahold of an older LP-300...kind of a hybrid between an Lp-100 and the LP-Standard. They don't make them anymore but from what I read I believe they were made at Samick in Korea. I don't think Japan was making bolt on Epi's in the 90's.

Archived