Gibson Brands Forums

epi logo

shadowster

• 10 months later...

Here is a EO-2 I gleaned from the 'net some time back:

EpiEO_2EB.jpg

The butterfly is OEM.

What a great Forum! I just joined a day or so ago in an effort to learn more about my Epiphone Acoustic/Electric Model # EO-2EB Ser # Y111444 that I bought new in the early 90's from an authorized dealer. I've been searching all over the net looking for this guitar or anything similar without success. I was beginning to think it wasn't a real Epi because of the unique headstock design. Then, today, I just started reading threads in this forum and stumbled across the photo in this post. It is a pic of my exact guitar - Butterfly and all. The label indicates it was built in Korea.

It is one of several guitars that I own, and although the tone is more than a little lacking in the lower end it has a great neck and action. I love playing it for the feel only. The "Epiphonic V" preamp did quit working recently.

Any know how many of these were made? Its value? I think I paid 2 or 3 hundred for it new.Thanks in advance for any other info on this model.

Glad to be of service JSG. We're here to serve and protect.

This place is like a wiki. Any information you can ad (pictures especially) is greatly appreciated. I only became aware of the model a year or so ago.

Am I correct that the back of this guitar is vaulted (arched) and contains no back braces? Is the top flat?

The image I nicked and modified has been seen elsewhere:

EpiEO_2EBNoRefuse.jpg

Below are some early Gibson harp (arch) guitars sporting headstock of which the EO's bespeak. They also have the oval sound hole:

HarpGuitarStyleR.jpg

Oh, and welcome. Don't be a stranger.

Glad to be of service JSG. We're here to serve and protect.

This place is like a wiki. Any information you can ad (pictures especially) is greatly appreciated. I only became aware of the model a year or so ago.

Am I correct that the back of this guitar is vaulted (arched) and contains no back braces? Is the top flat?

The image I nicked and modified has been seen elsewhere:

EpiEO_2EBNoRefuse.jpg

Below are some early Gibson harp (arch) guitars sporting headstock of which the EO's bespeak. They also have the oval sound hole:

HarpGuitarStyleR.jpg

Oh, and welcome. Don't be a stranger.

Thanks TommyK for your quick response. I really love the guitar and have always been curious about them as I've never seen another one. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. Oh, and this guitar has an arched top and back, not sure about the back brace. I'll check when I get home.

Thanks again TommyK!

Archived