Gibson Brands Forums

What sort of guitar is this?

willowmann

Firstly, I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about guitars...sorry about my ignorance. However, I came upon an Epiphone acoustic guitar a few years ago with the intention of learning to play it. Needless to say, this hasn't happened and I'm looking to sell it. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to it's worth?

According to the label on the guitar, it's an Epiphone C70-CE with a serial number of Y210290. I've been able to get some images matching this model number from Google but they all look different to mine. Instead of having the name 'EPIPHONE' on the head stock, there is a golden image of a crescent moon and a 5 pointed star with a small circle underneath. The tuning pegs and plate are also gold and highly decorative, embossed / carved with images of roses.

I am seeking your help because I've not seen anything like it before. It may be worth nothing but it would be good to find out!

Many thanks.

Its a classical guitar, spruce top,bound body, rosewood back/sides,mahogany neck, 19 fret rosewood fingerboard, rosewood tied bridge rosewood peghead with circles/star design, three per side chrome tuners with pearl buttons, piezo pick-up, volume three band eq. in Natural finish, disc in 2000 last MSR $649. todays market will be around $200-300.00 in really good shape, looks like this one.

http://en.audiofanzine.com/acoustic-electric-guitar/epiphone/C-70CE/

Ship

Archived