Gibson Brands Forums

Ephiphone Dot Identification

MarkIngram

Hello all,

I recently acquired a tobacco-sunburst Dot through a trade and would appreciate a bit of help identifying it. The serial number is 0809212666, on an oval sticker inside the sound hole. I nave had no luck finding any help via the search engines. Also, there is a circular logo on the back of the headstock, 'Limited Edition' around the top of the circle, 'Custom Shop' around the bottom of the circle, and 'Epiphone' in a line across the middle.

Any help, direction, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark' date='

and welcome here.

Your guitar was made year 08 month 09 factorycode 21 = Unsung Korea production # 2666

You get more information in this topic

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=8067

Peter[/quote']

Thanks for your help, Peter. Do you know where I can find anything about the logo on back of the headstock? I am unable to find a similar logo on any of the Epi's at my local big-box music shop (Guitar Center).

Mark

P. S. South of Germany - Isn't that called Switzerland? ;-) I spent a couple of years in Mannheim, all expenses paid courtesy of my Uncle Sam. I loved it. Wish I could get my wife to go back with me... [biggrin]

This Logo ?

MVwRP9iCzBx2cTzlwt97CBpiH.jpg

There is no real "Custom-Shop"' date=' this is used for special editions or limited runs

Peter

P.S.

No no swiss cheese man at all[biggrin']

I live half an hour near Würzburg

it's a little south of the "white-sausage-equator"

That's it exactly, except that it is gold on my guitar, to go with the gold hardware, I suppose.

You've been a big help, sir.

Vielen Dank!

Archived