Gibson Brands Forums

Mandolin style Guitar?

Slave8

Did Epi ever make a guitar that the body, well the upper horn was sculpted to look like a mandolin horn. You know rounded into a circle but not cut out it's just craved to look that way. Similar to the look on the white Prince guitar. Hard to explain. I don't have a pic cause the guy that has it well, still has it and I was interested in buying it.

I know kinda a weird post for a newbie but I have searched the web intensively with no results.

Any ideas?

Excellent! That's it, it's a SC 550 Ebony. Whew! Thanks for the help. Didn't know what model it was and searching "Prince looking Epiphone" wasn't doing the trick!

So, I am guessing his asking price of $500 is par for the course seeing as the ones I found were SC 350- $300 and SC 450-$400.

Wow' date=' that SC 450 looks pretty Shelia. Is the Bigsby original? [/quote']

It's a Wish List Guitar, I don't own it!! [blush] But, I have to completely agree, it's gorgeous!!

The Bigsby is not original, though. Look at the pic and you see the tailpiece posts still on the body.

Sheila

PS This thread is on the SC-550, not much info, but there is some. $500 for an SC-550 is about right.

http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7253

Archived