Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200 Plastic keystone buttons for grovers

jsieb

hello all,

I swear my question has already been answered but for the life of me i can't find the post anywhere.

Recently, i just picked up an EJ-200 and it's great. i'm going to do a little functional/cosmetic upgrading and i wonder if anyone knows where i can find the plastic tuner buttons (buttons only) that will fit on the grover tuners. i like the look, and if it's not too pricey i'd like to make the change.

also, as an aside, i'm going to swap the bridge out for a bone/tusq bridge. any suggestions there from anyone who has made that upgrade?

thanks.

Stewmac.com has a variety of tuner buttons and saddles of bone, tusq, and micarta. They stock shaped saddles and blanks. I have shaped a saddle from a bone blank to replace a plastic one in one of my lower priced beater/campfire guitars, and it wasn't too difficult to sand and shape. But that was just a curved leading edge, not compensated. Another good site for saddles, bridge pins and nuts in www.guitarsaddles.com. Lots of people on this forum, me included, have dealt with the owner, Bob Colosi. He's nice, quick to get your product out, and on the four or five occassions I've had to call him, he's answered the phone himself. You talk to the guy who's actually gonna do the work for you. What a concept, huh?

I don't believe Grover (or anyone else) makes a keystone replacement button for Grover tuners. My belief is you're probably going to have to switch out the whole tuner, but that's not a hard operation if the tuners you get are drop-in replacements.

As noted, StewMac is a great source for stuff. And if you click on the individual tuners you're looking for, you can also call up the specs to make sure that what you're interested in is, indeed, a drop-in replacement for the Grovers.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners.html

Archived