Gibson Brands Forums

New member/New Masterbilt

tehuti

Today I picked up a Masterbilt EF 500R, so I figured I would check out the Epi community and join the club. As I have done in the past I went into the shop thinking I would be buying one brand of acoustic and walked out with an entirely different one. the first time, many years ago, I was interested in a Seagull but ended up with a Dean. While that Dean was a beautiful guitar it never really "spoke" to me, and finally I parted with it a few years later. This time I was interested in - you guessed it - a Seagull, with a Takamine as my second choice. But after playing a few different guitars that didn't inspire me I tried the Masterbilt.

It's too early to call yet, but this may be the acoustic I will have for the duration. Great sound and feel with a beautiful matte finish, the way I like them.

DSCN1379.jpg

Many consider the Masterbilt line to be one of the best values in today's guitar market b/c of their build quality.

I own 7 all solid wood acoustic guitars, with two exceeding $3,500 in value, but my Masterbilt AJ500RC is my favorite guitar...it's that good! Glad to see you've joined the club!

I've played an EF500M and really liked it--great action, solid sound!

Cheers from Dugly [biggrin] !

Hi tehuti, and welcome to the "Masterbilt Club" -

We seem to share a similar pathway to the Masterbilt line......... I was searching for a new acoustic guitar about the time the Masterbilt line was introduced. While looking at other brands, the sales reps. that I worked with always recommended the Masterbilts, AJ nd DR. Having owned a 12-string Epiphone made in Kalamazoo (early 70's) that eventually transformed into an archers bow, I didn't given them a look over, let alone play one. So I bought a Takamine.

I never warmed up to it once at home, and after a brief bit, it quietly ended up in its' case, in the closet. I eventually sold it and began another search, thinking about two specific guitars, but certainly not the Mastebilts. Well, a shop I visited had a DR500-M on the wall, so out of curiosity, I played it. And I bought one a short time later - it's a gem, my "working class Martin D-18". Two and one-half years later, it's sounding better, playing better and looking better (satin finish) all the time. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have mine,

Regards,

Thanks abbeyroadman. Our stories do sound very similar. It's funny that I looked at so many other acoustics while not considering the Masterbilt, yet I ended up with one. I look forward to playing that guitar for many years.

Archived