Gibson Brands Forums

I.D. help needed, unknown 1960's Epiphone

Akkadain

So I was at a flea market the other day, and I found this, listed as an early 1960's Epiphone. I've searched and searched, but I can't identify the model. It's definitely vintage in specs, the nut is 1 5/6. The bridge is really interesting too, it has a roller bridge but the rollers are made from bone, which I never seen/heard of before. Also, the bridge pickup is a DiMarzio, the original was another single coil like the neck has, installed at an angle. It has a gibson style 3-way toggle. The electronics were all old braided ground wires, so it's definitely an old guitar. Anyway, she was in rough shape, but I had to buy her anyway, just to get to the bottom of the mystery. Someone please help me I.D. this thing.

4807256945_fedb10288e_b.jpg

4807257109_f87dbd8b61_b.jpg

4807881048_85f71b3ee8_b.jpg

4807257425_9b002ccd17_b.jpg

So I was at a flea market the other day' date=' and I found this, listed as an early 1960's Epiphone. I've searched and searched, but I can't identify the model. It's definitely vintage in specs, the nut is 1 5/6. The bridge is really interesting too, it has a roller bridge but the rollers are made from bone, which I never seen/heard of before. Also, the bridge pickup is a DiMarzio, the original was another single coil like the neck has, installed at an angle. It has a gibson style 3-way toggle. The electronics were all old braided ground wires, so it's definitely an old guitar. Anyway, she was in rough shape, but I had to buy her anyway, just to get to the bottom of the mystery. Someone please help me I.D. this thing.

[img']http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/4807256945_fedb10288e_b.jpg[/img]

Not 1960, it's 1970s Made in Japan by Matsumoku. It's an ET-270, someone replaced the bridge pickup with a humbucker.

epi%2070s%20catalog.jpg

Some famous dead guy played one:

epiphone.jpg

Archived