Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Firebird 300/500

Hammnizzle

Well, this started as an accidental thread I couldn't delete...so...I might as well turn it into something! [biggrin]

Anybody know anything about the Epiphone Firebird 300/500s? I bought my 300 from a pawn shop years ago. No serial...I can only imagine it was a sticker, since it is from the late 80s. All I can find is that it is called the 300 model and the 500 came with a different pup config. Both came stock with a Steinberger trem, ebonal fretboard and EMG Select pups...the 300 had a single and hum, the 500 had 2 hums. Any info anyone has would be great...I've been trying to dig up more on these for quite some time now.

I've never heard of those, but I found this:

Firebird 300

The Epiphone Firebird 300 was introduced in 1986 alongside the Firebird 500. It was made by the Samick Corporation in Korea from 1986 to 1988.

Features

- One EMG Select humbucker/One EMG Select single coil

- Black hardware

- Locking Steinberger KB Tremolo

- Laminated Mahogany neck-through-body

- Black "speed" knobs (1 Vol/1 Tone)

- White pickguard with red "Firebird" graphic

- 22-fret "Ebanol" fingerboard with "dot" inlays

- 25.5" scale

- Colors available: Red' date=' Silver, and Vintage Sunburst.

[b']Firebird 500[/b]

The Epiphone Firebird 500 was introduced in 1986 alongside the Firebird 300. It was made by the Samick Corporation in Korea from 1986 to 1988.

Features

- Two EMG Select humbuckers

- Black hardware

- Locking Steinberger KB Tremolo

- Laminated Mahogany neck-through-body

- Black "speed" knobs (1 Vol/1 Tone)

- White pickguard with red "Firebird" graphic

- 22-fret "Ebanol" fingerboard with "dot" inlays

- 25.5" scale

- Colors available: Red, Silver, and Vintage Sunburst.

I've never heard of those' date=' but I found this:

[/quote']

Awesomesauce. Thanx. At least now I know where and when they were made. EpiWiki needs to add black to the colors though, cuz mine is not a refin. [biggrin]

T Bone, I'll try to snap some current pics later, but for now here is a very bad, very fingerprinty old pic. I have since had the crappy Steinberger trem removed (gawd, did that thing suck!), a block of 'hog dropped in and a black TonePros ToM/stop bar installed.

16239_208325201326_676891326_4558767_7176024_n.jpg

• 3 years later...

Archived