Gibson Brands Forums

Traded for this during the forum break

lpfan

I traded for this guitar during the forum break. I had been wanting another doublecut since I traded the last one but this one was cool because it has 24 frets, not 22 like most of the double cuts and it also has the wraparound tailpiece too! I think that these were only made by Gibson from 97' to 99' so its kind of a rare species. Anyone else got any info or experiences with one of these studio lp douplecuts?

DSCF4849.jpg

DSCF4850.jpg

DSCF4844.jpg

DSCF4845.jpg

Lol! You know, when I was getting this guitar and thinking about posting it on here, I knew you would love it. Thanks man!

I absolutely love doublecut LPs, they're my favorite body shape (aesthetically speaking. The explorer feels a lot nicer to me  :-#.) In fact I'm saving my pennies right now to put together a Warmoth doublecut body and V-headstock'd neck which I will dress up in Marauder fashion. 

Marauder.jpg

(only with another cutaway and different pickups, duh [razz] )

Sorry I couldn't actually contribute to your thead, though. 

Super cool, but it would indeed be "heart-ing" hot if you ditched the bridge for one that you can set the intonation on.

I just saw a Gibson Marauder on either the Louisville or Cincinnatti craigslist for around $375 cash earlier this week.

Archived