Gibson Brands Forums

gibson les paul sparkle top

floyd

I'm a little confused with the sparkle top gibson les pauls. Do the sparkle tops only come from the custom shop? Seems like the only ones on ebay right now are Custom Shop guitars. Since I have seen Epiphone sparkle tops, that makes me think there must be non custom shop gibson sparkle tops? Is that right? How much value would a sparkle top add if any to a non CS gibson les paul guitar assuming that even exists? Any ideas on numbers for the year 2000? There's very little info about the sparkles out there. Thanks for your help

epiphone did sell a sparkle top les paul, but its not really considerd anything special. i believe most sparkle top gibsons(if not all) are custom shops. as of value, it is a gibson and it is a custom shop. your looking at 2,000$ to 3,500$ used. correct me if im wrong. and the numbers? im not sure...

and mabye this topic should go in the les paul forum. youll get alot better advice there then here.

Thanks for the reply. I just bought a gibson les paul sparkle off ebay assuming it was a custom shop but now I'm second guessing myself because it was such a great price at $1500. Guess I'll have to wait till I get it to find out. Fingers crossed. Either way I'm sure I'll love it. I'll try the lp forum. Thanks again.

Archived