Gibson Brands Forums

What are those tuners?

NickNice

Are they better than the Groover that come with the G-400? Cause I will switch if they are when I willl have my G-400.

If they work smoothly and stay in tune, Grover's won't add much to the sale price, so I'd suggest you keep them.

If they work smoothly and stay in tune, Grover's won't add much to the sale price, so I'd suggest you keep them.

No, I mean keeping the Schaller on my G-400. Does it worth it or they are almost the same value?

I wouldn't change tuners unless the old ones were trashed. If you're looking to increase the value of your guitar by upgrading tuners, I'd say don't. I don't think you'd get your money invested in the tuners back... if you sold it.

I wouldn't change tuners unless the old ones were trashed. If you're looking to increase the value of your guitar by upgrading tuners, I'd say don't. I don't think you'd get your money invested in the tuners back... if you sold it.

I was just tinking to swap with the grover on my g-400, because if the Shcaller are better than Grover, I would have putted the Schaller on the G-400. And I dont want to add valur to my SQ-180, according to my mother its a gift and Im no right to sell it. -_-'

I was just tinking to swap with the grover on my g-400, because if the Shcaller are better than Grover, I would have putted the Schaller on the G-400. And I dont want to add valur to my SQ-180, according to my mother its a gift and Im no right to sell it. -_-'

Those aren't Schallers but there OK, Grovers are excellent, no need to change anything. If you're having problems with the guitar staying in tune, it's probably not the tuners.

Those aren't Schallers but there OK, Grovers are excellent, no need to change anything. If you're having problems with the guitar staying in tune, it's probably not the tuners.

What are those tuning keys if they are npt Shcaller? Becasue the look like some cross beteween Grover and Schaller.

What are those tuning keys if they are npt Shcaller? Becasue the look like some cross beteween Grover and Schaller.

Maybe the Schrovers!!!

They're generic Asian die cast tuners. You can buy them at WD Music. These were commonly used on early Epiphones, but most modern Epiphone use Grovers.

The fact that they look like a cross between Grover and Schaller should tell you they're neither. Here's a Schaller M-6 and a M-6 mini:

Schaller_M6.jpgP_6500_S00.jpg

Notice the squiggly S??? Made in Germany??? The small screw tabs??? That's what Schallers look like.

So what's your problem with Grovers???

Archived