Gibson Brands Forums

Any reviews about the ZOOM Q3 device?

MrGibs

Hi everybody :rolleyes:

As you know yesterday in the morning I had a robbery at home.

One of the things they took was my smal and very useful Cannon FS 200 Legria video camera.

I used to film my singing and playing with it and then post in youtube.

Now I don't have a videocamera to do that.

Few months ago I red in internet about the ZOOM Q3. Looked at the pictures etc...

Please someone tell me about some experience with it?

The sound should be very good like they say.

Buh the video?

How is the video?

We have one, as well as a H4 and an H2. The audio is audio like an H4 -- I think it is the same two element array condenser pair with a DSP chip. It is really pretty good -- I would say quite good as a field recorder.

The video is not HD, and since there is no zoom (no pun intended), the placement of the unit can be problematic. The best place for the audio is not usually the best place for the video, and vice versa.

The placement problem, in my experience, is often pretty severe. I think a better solution is the H2 and a Hi-def video camera -- more trouble but usually much better overall results as well.

All in all, however, I am glad we have it -- we get some pretty good stuff at places we would get nothing if we went to the more complex solutions.

Well I saw some samples in youtube (my favourite place) and I am now convinced to buy a ZOOM Q3.

The sound of the device is what I want.

The video quality is good enough for me.

So it should be good enough for all of you who will look at my future videos.

Archived