Gibson Brands Forums

NAD........Woo Hoo

Hooligan

I've finally got my guitar where I like it so I turned my attention to researching amps. Since I'm on a limited budget I needed to buy the right amp the first time. I searched over a year playing lots of amps and listening to even more on YouTube etc. Then I had to find room in the budget, with three kids in school and sports that is easier said then done.

I settled on an amp and then began the Ebay/Craig's list deal. I had several amps slip through my fingers but thats ok I guess. Last week I checked Craigs list and sure enough there is my amp in the price range I needed. I was pleased to find that I was the first caller. The price was good enough I did not risk trying to haggle. Today I met the seller who was a really stand up guy and we made the exchange. I rushed to my buddy's studio and we put it through it's paces. Within minutes my buddy says he's hooked. We were both blown away. I just can't get over how rich the tone is........AND FREAKIN LOUD!

The amp..........a Blackstar HT-5 combo. It's absolutely mint for $275 I'm very proud to have such a fine peice for my first amp, although like my guitar I'm not envious of other amps at the moment! I can't wait to get to spend some time messin with my POD X3 Live through the effects loop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived