Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES 295

Tomkat

[confused]post-20944-028913100 1286240615_thumb.jpgpost-20944-048564700 1286240664_thumb.jpg So I played a gig with my new family member ES 295 and found I had to crank volume control on both channels to around 5 for the Gibson to be as loud as the Ibanez AF 75 T. Does anyone know what size the volume pots are on the Gibson ?? Would that make the difference ?? Hints would be helpful

Raise the individual pole-pieces. P-90s are very adjustable and can be compensated for the effect of each string's loudness/signal individually.

That's what I did with my ES125 to produce a strong and even signal across all strings.

Thanks for the tip I will give that a try.

Raise the individual pole-pieces. P-90s are very adjustable and can be compensated for the effect of each string's loudness/signal individually.

That's what I did with my ES125 to produce a strong and even signal across all strings.

There is no comparison the Gibson excells tonewise[thumbup]

I agree with raising the polepieces. I'm curious, aside from the volume difference, when you do find your sweet-spot volume-wise, how does the tone compare between the two guitars?

Archived