Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra o Epiphone Les Paul Standard?

Steoo

Ciao a tutti, sono nuovo su questo forum e spero di aver azzeccato la sezione nella quale porre la mia domanda e di capirci qualcosa dato che è tutto in inglese..perdonatemi se faccio qualche stupidaggine [blush] ..sono in possesso da quasi un anno di una Epiphone Les Paul Ultra: camere tonali, corpo in mogano, top in acero, manico in mogano, tastiera in palissandro, meccaniche Grover, hardware dorato, ovviamente ponte tune-o-matic e 2 pickup alnico classic (al ponte alnico classic hot); la chitarra esteticamente è davvero molto bella, ben rifinita (contando sempre che è uno strumento "entry level" e quindi non può essere paragonato, per esempio, ad una Les Paul Gibson), il peso è parecchio contenuto per merito delle camere tonali e il manico è di circa 1 millimetro più piccolo rispetto ad un normale manico Les Paul. Parlando del suono, invece, è differente dal tipico timbro Les Paul, è un suono più dolce, più acustico e quindi meno aggressivo, meno rockettaro a causa delle camere tonali, buono ma non proprio Les Paul (sembra un misto fra una Es-335 e una Les Paul). La chitarra non mi dispiace affatto però mi rendo conto (forse un pò troppo in ritardo [sad] ) che non è esattamente il tipico suono Les Paul che cercavo. Ciò che mi passa per la testa da un pò di tempo è di vendere la mia Epiphone Les Paul Ultra e prendere una Epiphone Les Paul Standard, che, dopo ad averla provata per benino da un amico che ce l'ha, pur non essendo una "mamma" Gibson, suona più Les Paul che la mia Les Paul Ultra. La mia domanda é: farei bene a vendere la mia Ultra e prendere una Standard oppure farei un'idiozia e perciò farei meglio a tenermi la mia Ultra?? Ci sono altri modi per ottenere un suono più Les Paul sulla mia Ultra senza doverla vendere e quindi cambiare chitarra?? Aggiungo ancora che io amo i Led Zeppelin e quindi il mio dio è Jimmy Page e ovviamente suono principalmente musica Zeppeliana. Help!! Grazie mille per le risposte!!!!! (se può esservi di aiuto qualche foto della mia Ultra, le caricherò).

Here's a bit of a translation: [mellow]

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum and I hope I have guessed the section in which to put my question and figure it out since it is all in English .. forgive me if I do something stupid .. they hold for nearly a year of a Epiphone Les Paul Ultra: Room tone, mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, Grover tuners, gold hardware, of course, tune-o-matic bridge and two Alnico Classic pickups (the bridge alnico classic hot); the guitar is aesthetically very beautiful, well finished (always counting that is an "entry level" and therefore can not be compared, for example, a Les Paul Gibson), the weight is quite content for the tone and substance of the rooms handle is approximately 1 mm smaller than a normal Les Paul neck. Speaking of sound, however, is different from the typical Les Paul tone, the sound is softer, more acoustic and less aggressive, less rocker because of the tonal chambers, but not really good Les Paul (it looks like a mix between an ES-335 and a Les Paul). The guitar I do not mind at all but I realize (perhaps a little too late) that is not exactly the typical Les Paul sound I wanted. What goes through my head for quite some time to sell my Epiphone Les Paul Ultra and take a Epiphone Les Paul Standard, which, after having tried for her going from a friend who has it, though not a "Mom" Gibson Les Paul sounds more that my Les Paul Ultra. My question is: Should I sell my Ultra and I would take a Standard or idiotic and so I'd better keep my Ultra? There are other ways to get a sound on my Les Paul Ultra, and then sell without having to change guitar? I add that I still love Led Zeppelin and then my god Jimmy Page and of course sound is mostly music Zeppeliana. Help! Thanks for the answers !!!!! (If it can help you some pictures of my Ultra, the will upload).

Hello Steoo,

I tried a Gibson LP Studio which is also now chambered and I found the unplugged tone to be thin and un-resonant. Conversely, my Epiphone Les Paul Standard has a fat, deep, resonant tone. Some people say that, even with a Gibson LP Standard you have to search to find a good sounding one. Good luck with finding a LP that you like.

Alan

Thank you so much for the replies and sorry if I missed the section in which to place my question! [blush] The problem is that I have yet to understand how the forum .. [blush] (and sorry for my English not good) to resent..hello

Hello Steoo,

I tried a Gibson LP Studio which is also now chambered and I found the unplugged tone to be thin and un-resonant. Conversely, my Epiphone Les Paul Standard has a fat, deep, resonant tone. Some people say that, even with a Gibson LP Standard you have to search to find a good sounding one. Good luck with finding a LP that you like.

Alan

Thank you so much for the replies and sorry if I missed the section in which to place my question! The problem is that I have yet to understand how the forum .. (and sorry for my English not good) to resent..hello

Archived