Gibson Brands Forums

Where is the new Ace Frehley?

Bluesvet

What ever happened to the Blueburst? With all the important "artist" models that have come out, you figure Ace would get some love. That Silver/Blue Sparkle burst is about the only interesting LP Gibson has done in quite some time. A regular, triple P/U, Flamed Blueburst Ace Frehley really got me excited...

ace.jpg

• 4 months later...

At work yesterday, a computer tech from New Jersey updated our server and network. He showed me a pic he had on his iPad. It was a signed Ace Frehley custom. He told me he has been friends with Ace for some time, and he and Ace were messing with pics of Ace and his Cherry burst custom, when he made the pic look like a negative. Ace really liked the colors of the guitar that way, and called Gibson and had 10 made. He played 2 on the VH1 special, the first one he played he signed and gave to Kevin (the computer guy) as a 40th birthday present (man how lucky). It's a cool story, and I really do hope Gibson releases more.post-27237-040206600 1299681338_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I would love a tribute to the Les Paul in the 1970's (sunburst or cherryburst or whatever it was. I just got a 2011 LP that looks just like it and love it. Beginner here but I always wanted a LP and finally was able to buy one ; brand new. I considered the Epiphone Slash model and am so happy to have spent the extra money for the Les Paul. [love]

Archived